September 19-20, 2024 – ROME (ITALY)
The New Boundaries of Structural Concrete 2024
September 19-20, 2024
Department of Civil Engineering and Computer Science Engineering – Tunnelling Engineering Research Centre (TERC) of University of Rome Tor Vergata
The seventh edition of Workshop “The New Boundaries of Structural Concrete” is jointly organized by American Concrete Institute (ACI) – Italy Chapter and by the Department of Civil Engineering and Computer Science Engineering of the University of Rome Tor Vergata.
The workshop aims to collect and to disseminate the latest results of the research projects in progress in Italy and abroad, concerning the production, application, durability and sustainability of concrete and cementitious materials, as well as the design, building techniques and repair of concrete structures.
The workshop is open to the scientific community – at the national/international level – and to the industrial and professional milieu, in order to facilitate the debate on the many critical issues concerning structural concrete.
Prospective authors are invited to submit abstracts in English, 200-300 words long, with the title of the paper, the author(s) – including affiliation(s) and e-mail address(es) – and the topic(s), to be selected among the main topics of the workshop. All the papers will be collected and published in a Book of proceedings which will be made available at the workshop.
- Innovative cementitious materials
- Corrosion and self-healing in R/C structures
- Concrete and reinforced-concrete under extreme environmental conditions (earthquake, wind, temperature)
- Concrete and reinforced-concrete in accidental conditions (fire, impact, blast)
- Green concrete and sustainability of concrete structures
- Short- and long-term behavior of R/C structures
- Bond and connections in RC, prestressed concrete (PC) and mixed structures
- Strengthening and repair of concrete structures
- Performance and life-cycle assessmente (LCA) of new concrete structures
- Ageing and deterioration of concrete structures
- Structural health monitoring.
The working language of the Workshop will be English, which will be used for all presentations and printed materials.
- Submission of abstracts:
November 28, 2024January 15, 2024
- Acceptance of abstracts:
January 15, 2024January 30, 2024
- Submission of full papers: April 30, 2024
- Notification of acceptance: May 31, 2024
- Submission of final papers: June 30, 2024
- Workshop: September 19-20
- Social dinner: September 19
Call for abstract
Please, download the complete call for abstract here.