Business Development for Permanent Composite Structural Reinforcement
Sireg Geotech Srl
In a nutshell
- Through his academic and professional activities, he has obtained laboratory, field and design experience in strengthening structures using innovative materials as well as monitoring and field assessment through in-situ load testing of both buildings and bridges. He has had the opportunity to present and publish a variety of technical papers in the field of infrastructure retrofitting and load testing;
- he gained experience in structural design both with the Eurocodes, ACI 318 building code and British Standards;
- he is member in the technical committees of American Concrete Institute and serves as an active voting member on ACI Committee 437-Strength Evaluation of Existing Concrete Buildings, 342- Evaluation of Concrete Bridges and Bridge Elements and 440-Fiber Reinforced Polymer Reinforcement;
- he serves as a reviewer for several refereed journals such as: Journal of Composites for Construction (ASCE), Journal of Bridge Engineering (ASCE), Structural Journal (ACI).
- His research activity deals with following topics:retrofitting using innovative materials such as fiber composite materials, known as FRP;
- assessment of reinforced concrete (building and bridges) and masonry structures through innovative filed testing techniques.