Politecnico di Milano, Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Address: P.zza Leonardo Da Vinci, 32 – 20133 Milano (MI), Italy
Phone: +39 02 23994387
In a nutshell
- He is currently member of the Scientific Board and of the executive board (Giunta) of his department and member of the executive board of the School of Building Engineering-Architecture.
- He has been Fulbright visiting scholar at the Center for Advanced Cement Based Materials, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL (USA) in 2006 and invited lecturer at Beijing Jiaotong University (People’s Republic of China) in 2008, 2010, 2013 and 2015.
- He is currently chairman of ACI TC 544-Fibre Reinforced Concrete and of fib TG 4.3-Structural Design with highly flowable concrete. He is also member of RILEM TC MRP – Measuring rheological properties of concrete and voting member of ACI TC 237-Self consolidating concrete and ACI TC 241-Nanotechnology of concrete and associate member of ACI 239-Ultra High Performance Concrete. He has been member of RILEM TCs 228-MPS Mechanical properties of self compacting concrete and 222-SFC Simulation of flow of fresh concrete.
- He has been member of TG ReLUIS-Italian Agency for Emergency Management for drafting guidelines for repairing of precast concrete industrial buildings damaged by the Emilia Romagna earthquake in May 2012 and of the Task group drafting preliminary documents Guidelines for use of High performance Concrete (CNR DT209/2012)
- He has been/is member of several Organization and Scientific Committees of International Conferences
His main research interests include advanced cement based materials, such as self compacting concrete, fibre reinforced and ultra-high performance concrete: he has broadly investigated these topics, ranging from experimental identification of material physical and mechanical properties, and numerical modellingin the framework of fracture and damage mechanics, to their structural applications, including retrofitting of existing structures. He is author of more than 200 papers in peer reviwed journals, conference proceedings and book chapters.