Politecnico di Milano, Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Address: P.zza Leonardo Da Vinci, 32 – 20133 Milano (MI), Italy
In a nutshell
- Prof. Gambarova has coordinated a number of National Projects on the safety and durability of high-performance concrete (1995-2004); he has been a member of various FIB Task Groups, and is an ASCE fellow and an ACI member;
- as a consultant, Prof. Gambarova has interacted with: Italian Ministry of Public Works, Italian National Research Authority – CNR, Italian Authority for Energy – ENEA, with Italcementi Group and with Milan Waste-Water Treatment Authority, on innovative and durable concretes, also within European Projects;
- Visiting positions: Northwestern University (Evanston-Chicago, 1978 and 1982) upon invitation by Professor Zdenek Bazant; and EPFL-Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland, 2006), upon invitation by Professor Aurelio Muttoni.
His main research fields are:
- Stress analysis;
- shear and punching in R/C;
- bond mechanisms in R/C;
- high-performance concrete;
- high temperatures in R/C;
- structural Fire Design.