University of Naples, Dept. of Structures for Engineering and Architecture
Address: Via Claudio, 21 – 80125 Naples (NA), Italy
In a nutshell
Member of several National and International Technical Committees as:
- Italian Working Group UNI on “Safety of Structures in case of fire”;
- SAG 6 Group on Composite Concrete-Steel Constructions of Fib;
- CNR-DT 200/2004 “Guide for the Design and Construction of Externally Bonded FRP Systems for Strengthening Existing Structures”;
- Italian Committee UNI/SC3 and UNI/SC4 on Steel Structures and Steel-Concrete Structures;
- Evolution Groups of EN 1993-1-2 and EN 1994-1-2 (Design of Composite Steel and Concrete Structures. Part 1-2: Structural Rules – Structural Fire Design) for Italy.
He is involved in several National and International Research Programs and is author of about 300 scientific papers, published in international and national scientific journals and conference proceedings, and three books. His publications deal with:
- Strengthening and repairing of reinforced concrete and masonry structures with innovative techniques (FRP);
- High temperature behaviour of steel stuctures, concrete composite structures and concrete structures reinforced with FRP bars;
- Seismic behaviour and vulnerability of masonry and reinforced concrete structures;
- Evaluation of II-order effects in reinforced concrete slender columns in the presence of instantaneous and long term loads;
- delayed deflections of reinforced concrete members in cracked stage;
- evaluation of the debris flow effects on the constructions.