Mauro Eugenio Giuliani
CIAM 1953 (Collegio degli Ingegneri e degli Architetti di Milano)
Address: via Gioberti 5 – 20123 Milano, Italy
In a nutshell
- Graduated in Civil Engineering at the Technical University of Milan (PoliMi) in 1991. Chartered consulting Engineer in Milano (Italy), Madrid (Spain), Geneva (Switzerland), Cyprus. Non-Tenured professor at the Technical University of Milan from 2004. His activity is focused in the design and supervision of special structures in concrete, prestressed concrete and composite steel-concrete. He started his activity mainly in the Bridge design field, then focusing on Structures for Architecture enhancing cooperation with worldwide known preeminent Architects. He lives and works in Milano, managing the Consulting Engineer Firm REDESCO (REsearch, DEsign, COnsulting), based in Milano, Como, Geneva. Fluent in Italian, Spanish, English and French.
- IASS “Tsuboi Award” 1996. Gold Medal of Italian Architecture, Triennale di Milano: Awarded project “SS125 Sardinia Viaducts” Author of the Structural Design for the Generali Tower, CityLife, that has been awarded with the First Prize “ACI Excellence in Construction Award, High-Rise category , 2019”
- At the beginning of my Professional career I had the privilege of working for Julio Martinez Calzon in MC2 –Estudio de Ingenieria, Madrid, being involved in the engineering of projects from preminent Architects and participating in important bridge projects. Secializing in composite steel-concrete structures.
- From 1997 Managing Partner in Redesco srl (now Redesco Progetti Srl), Milano. In charge of main projects, while performing general management of the company, defining strategies and scopes. Focusing on international cooperations, design competitions, Structure-Architecture integration.
- In charge of the structtural design of many high-rise, concrete buildings in Milano and abroad, as for example: in Milano Generali and PWC Towers in Citylife, Varesine Development Towers, Gioia 20 Tower, RIBA 5 suoervison of Unipol tower. In Geneva: New Pictet Headquarters and “Tour D Vernets”.
- Today his research and profession aare focused on structural design and construction methods, Structure–Architecture integration, site supervision, concrote, prestressd and composite structures, engineering aesthetics.
- He publishes regularly on scientific and technical international press, and presents his work in many international Congresses and Symposia, in many cases as an Invited Lectures