University of Bergamo, Dept. of Engineering and Applied Science
In a nutshell
- Appointed as an expert in the Commission set up by the Commissioner for the reconstruction after the earthquake of Salò (Italy) of Nov.24, 2004. The Commission drafted the guidelines concerning the modality for the reconstruction and for the retrofitting and repair projects. The committee has revised over 100 projects concerning historical and monumental buildings of the Garda lake area.
- Appointed as seismic engineering expert in the Commission set up by the Commissioner of Regione Lombardia for the reconstruction after the earthquake of Emilia Romagna and Lombardia of May, 2009
- Prof. Riva was local coordinator of the program concerning the development of “Displacement Based Design Methods for precast concrete buildings” within the research program “Development of innovative approaches for the design of reinforced concrete, steel, and composite structures,” part of the 2005-2008 RELUIS-DPC research agreement, coordinated by Profs. G.M. Calvi and M.J.N. Priestley.
- He teaches Seismic Design and Design of r.c. and p.c. structures in the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Bergamo.
Author and co-author of more than 200 scientific papers in International Journals dealing with:
- seismic behaviour of r.c. structures, with particular emphasis on the behaviour of structural walls and of precast concrete elements;
- seismic retrofitting of historical buildings;
- non-linear analysis of r.c. structures;
- behaviour of r.c. structures under fire conditions.